- The Site may contain external links to other websites and We are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these other websites.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We may collect and hold Your personal information, which is reasonably necessary for Us to perform Our business functions and activities. The kinds of personal information We collect from You may include:
- name, address and other contact details (including telephone numbers and email addresses;
- date of birth;
- Your marital status;
- credit card, debit card, and other payment details;
- Your demographic information, such as postcode;
- information You provide to us through Our customer surveys;
- Your preferences and/or opinions;
- Your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behavior;
- information about Your access and use of the Site, including through the use of internet cookies, Your communications with the Site, the type of browser You are using, the type of operating system You are using and the domain name of Your internet service provider
- any other personal information, which may be required by Us and/or provided by You or a third party.in order to facilitate dealings with Us.
In accordance with Privacy Principle 12 We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 15 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Site. If You are under the age of 15, please do not register for the Site or send any of Your personal information to Us.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may collect Your personal information when You:
- contact Us or any of Our employees or agents in relation to the provision of legal services or associated services;
- engage Us to act on Your behalf;
- make an enquiry or provide feedback on Our Site;
- subscribe to, request or We provide any of Our newsletters or other marketing material to You;
- e. participate in any of Our customer surveys, promotions, or any other marketing campaigns;
- access Our Site through any external third-party application, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram; or
- contact Us via any medium of communication.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect, hold, use and disclose Your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable You to access and use Our Site;
- to contact and communicate with You;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for market research, analytics and business development, including to operate and improve Our Site and associated social media platforms;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send You promotional information about our products and services that We consider may be of interest to You;
- identify ways to personalise, improve and enhance Our Services;
- to promote Our Services or the services of a third party;
- to comply with Our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that We may have; and
- to consider Your employment application.
We may anonymise Your personal information, so that You cannot be individually identified, and provide that anonymised information to Our partners or affiliates for the purpose of Our partners or affiliates providing You with more targeted and relevant advertisements or services.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only use Your personal information as reasonably necessary for the above purposes, unless We have Your permission or are required by law to otherwise handle Your information. We may disclose Your personal information for the above purposes to the following people and entities:
- Our employees, contractors, existing or potential agents or business partners, and/or related entities;
- Your employees, agents and representatives (if You are Our business contact);
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including but not limited to IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, professional advisors and payment system operators;
- Credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event You fail to pay for the goods or services We provide to You;
- Third parties, including agents or subcontractors, who assist Us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to You. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
- government and regulatory authorities, and other parties if required or permitted by law.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We endeavour to protect the privacy of Your personal information but We cannot guarantee complete security of the information We hold. Unauthorised entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
We use a number of procedures and processes to ensure, where possible, the security and integrity of Your personal information including:
- restricting access;
- maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised access;
- securely destroying personal information no longer needed for Our record retention purposes; and
- We don’t keep details of Your credit card, including the security code (or CCV number) other than what is necessary to complete Your transaction.
We employ other parties to perform tasks on Our behalf and need to share Your information with them to provide the services to You. Unless We inform You otherwise, Our agents do not have any right to use Your personal information for any purpose beyond what is necessary to assist Us in performing such tasks.
We may collect information about You automatically when You interact with Our Site, this is known as “cookie” information. We ensure Your anonymity by cookie information in de-identified form. We may provide this cookie information to Our partners so that Our partners can provide You with an optimal online experience.
This cookie information may be provided, to third party websites to allow such websites to show You advertisements for similar services that are available from Us or from third parties.
Your Internet browser may allow You to transmit “do-not-track signals” or other consumer choice mechanisms regarding the collection of behavioural tracking data. Like many websites We do not alter Our practices when We receive a do-not-track signal.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In accordance with the Privacy Principle 13, You may request access to Your personal information held by Us by contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If You believe that any of Your personal information held by Us is incorrect, You may contact Us to request a correction. If We are satisfied that a correction is required, We will take reasonable steps to correct the personal information within 28 days of receipt of Your email.
You must provide Us with evidence to confirm Your identity before We will provide access to or correct Your personal information. Evidence may include a copy of Your driver’s licence.
We may charge You any reasonable costs of providing You with access or correcting Your personal information.
COMPLAINTS AND FURTHER INFORMATION
If You are concerned that We have not acted in accordance with the Privacy Act or that Your privacy has been interfered with, You may make a complaint by contacting Us at email@example.com.
Once a complaint has been lodged, We will use Our best endeavours respond to You within 28 days, although We may request further information for the purpose of considering Your complaint. If We take longer than 28 days to investigate Your complaint, We will advise You of the likely response time.
If You are not satisfied with Our response to Your complaint, You may notify the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) on 1300 363 992.